Steel in the News
Back to all posts
Posted by Alison Trost on June 10, 2010 at 11:37 AM.
AISC’s Steel Design Guide 24: Hollow Structural Steel Connections is now available. This new design guide addresses bolting and welding issues for connections involving hollow structural sections (HSS), as well as providing design provisions for various configurations of HSS connections and the applicable limit states. Some of the topics included are:
- Moment connections; including W-shape beams to HSS columns, continuous beams over HSS columns, through-plate connections, directly welded connections
- Tension and compression connections; including end tee connections, slotted HSS/gusset connections, end plate on round HSS, end plates on rectangular HSS.
- Branch loads, line loads and concentrated forces on HSS
- HSS-to-HSS truss connections
- HSS-to-HSS moment connections
AISC members can download Steel Design Guide 24 for free by logging in to www.aisc.org and going to the design guide page, or by clicking here. Non members can purchase the document through the online bookstore by clicking here.