Steel in the News
Back to all posts
Posted by Tom Klemens on May 12, 2010 at 6:23 AM.
Entries are now being accepted in the 8th annual Image of Welding Awards Program. The competition is put on by the American Welding Society to recognize individuals and organizations that have shown exemplary dedication in promoting the image of welding in their communities. It is open to all welding industry professionals.
Awards are issued in seven categories including:
- Individual (you or another individual)
- Section (AWS local chapter)
- Large Business (200 or more employees)
- Small Business (less than 200 employees)
- Distributor (welding products)
- Educator (welding teacher at an institution, facility, etc.)
- Educational Facility (any organization that conducts welding education or training)
To read about past winners or to find out how to submit a nomination, go to http://www.aws.org/awards/image.html.
Deadline for entries is July 12, 2010. There is no fee to enter.