Steel in the News
Back to all posts
Posted by Tasha Weiss on March 25, 2014 at 5:03 PM.
Nine individuals are receiving distinguished achievement awards from AISC for their exceptional contributions to the advancement of the structural steel design and construction industry. These deserving professionals are honored for making a difference in the fabricated structural steel industry’s success and will be recognized tomorrow afternoon at the 2014 NASCC: The Steel Conference at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre in Toronto.
AISC’s Lifetime Achievement Award gives special recognition to individuals who have provided outstanding service over a sustained period of years to AISC and the structural steel design/construction/academic community. This year’s award recipients are:
- Eric S. Kline, PCS, executive vice president at KTA-Tator
- Charles W. Roeder, P.E., professor at the University of Washington
- Raymond H.R. Tide, D.Sc., principal at Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates
AISC’s Special Achievement Award recognizes individuals who have demonstrated notable achievements in structural steel design, construction, research or education. It honors those who have made a positive and substantial impact on the structural steel design and construction industry. This year’s award recipients are:
- Christopher Higgins, Ph.D., P.E., professor at Oregon State University
- John Moebes, director of construction at Crate and Barrel
- James M. Ricles, Ph.D., P.E., Bruce G. Johnston professor of structural engineering at Lehigh University
- Michael Culmo, P.E., vice president of structures and transportation at CME Associates, Inc.
- William Wood, Dr. Eng., professor at Portland State University
- Terry M. Zwick, vice president/general manager at Atlas Iron Works
Photos of this year’s award winners and additional information about their achievements can be found in AISC’s press release. For more information about The Steel Conference, visit www.aisc.org/nascc. To get the latest updates on what’s happening at the show, visit AISC’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/AISCdotORG or follow @aisc on Twitter. And if you’ll be at the conference, say hello to our MSC staff! Visit Room 830 at the convention center or contact our senior editor Geoff Weisenberger at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be back with more Steel in the News on Monday.