Steel in the News
Back to all posts
Posted by Tasha Weiss on February 25, 2014 at 3:31 PM.
The American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) recently released its Profile 2014, highlighting the importance of the North American steel industry to our nation’s economy, manufacturing and national security. In the 35-page booklet, AISI outlines the steel industry’s economic contributions, dedication to advancing environmental stewardship, leadership in global productivity and its vital role to the construction, automotive and container markets.
The Profile 2014 includes:
- Facts about why steel is fundamental to building a sustainable future;
- The steel industry’s job creation and labor performance records;
- Steel shipments by markets and statistical highlights;
- Steel’s vital role to America’s infrastructure and national security;
- Breakthrough technologies advancing the U.S. steelmaking process; and,
- A map of steel’s presence in the U.S., and list of AISI producer members, locations and products.