Steel in the News
Back to all posts
Posted by Tasha Weiss on June 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM.
Make your structural steel visions come to life! How? By entering AISC’s third annual Steel Sculpture Competition!
If you’re an AISC full or associate member, join this year’s competition and create your own innovative steel sculpture for a chance to have your company featured in MSC and more.
Here are the rules:
- The sculpture must be steel (and only steel), but shapes, sizes and steel type can be your personal preference.
- The sculpture must be made entirely by your staff.
- The finished sculpture must fit in a 2-ft by 2-ft by 2-ft box (for shipping purposes).
- All entries must include a title and the name of the company submitting the project.
- There’s no theme! But keep in mind the characteristics of steel: adaptable, economical, quick and sustainable.
Submit photos of your sculpture by September 13, 2013 to AISC’s Jenny McDonald at email@example.com.
From September 16-27, all entries will be posted to AISC’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/AISCdotORG) where they’ll be voted on by fans. The top five finalists will be put on display at the 2014 NASCC: The Steel Conference, March 26-29 in Toronto, where the ultimate winner will be chosen by attendees. The winner will also be featured in MSC and receive a catered lunch for their company.
Learn more about the competition at www.steelday.org/sculpturecomp.
Check out this year’s winning sculpture: “Steel Life-Cycle” (pictured left).
The competition is part of SteelDay, the structural steel industry’s largest educational and networking event, held nationwide. It’s scheduled for October 4 this year; mark your calendars! If you’re interested in hosting or attending an event, visit www.steelday.org.