Steel in the News
Back to all posts
Posted by Tasha Weiss on April 25, 2013 at 11:29 AM.
All building professionals are invited to participate in the development process of NBIMS-US Version 3, and buildingSMART is looking to every sector of the industry to submit ballots. Ballots can amend or revise current NBIMS-US content or they can address the latest technologies, processes and practices not yet included in the standard.
As BIM covers all aspects of the building process, buildingSMART stresses, it is important for representatives from every segment of the industry to participate in the standard’s development.
The Ballot Submission Period for NBIMS-US V3 begins June 3, and ends August 19. Interested individuals and organizations can prepare by doing the following:
1. Skim over the list of the standards and guidelines NBIMS-US Version 2 references.
2. Review the language in NBIMS-US Version 2 (available at www.nationalbimstandard.org).
3. Join the buildingSMART alliance and become a member of the NBIMS-US Project Committee. (Only members can submit ballots and vote on changes to the standard.)
4. Communicate with any industry associations to coordinate efforts.
5. Update the Alliance about any association-related BIM activities.
6. Stay tuned for the next announcement, when the NBIMS-US Project Committee announces where members can download the ballot and supporting materials and start the process.
For more information about the National BIM Standard – United States and how to get involved in the Version 3 standards development process, visit www.nationalbimstandard.org/about.php.