Steel in the News
Back to all posts
Posted by Tasha Weiss on April 15, 2013 at 4:52 PM.
Only two more days until the opening of the 2013 NASCC: The Steel Conference, which takes place April 17-19 at America’s Center Convention Complex in St. Louis! Here are some last-minute updates that you won’t want to miss as you plan your trip:
- View the Final Program for the latest updates on sessions and exhibitors, registration desk hours and other key scheduling information. And if you have not yet received your conference materials in the mail, you can pick them up when you check in at the registration area at the convention center.
- Planning your conference experience is now easier thanks to the new 2013 NASCC mobile app! By using this interactive digital show guide, you’ll be able to see detailed information on each session (you can even designate sessions by attendee interest for future reference), information about exhibitors, and even chat with other attendees. To download this free app, simply search for “NASCC” in Google Play or the Apple App Store (or download from http://crwd.cc/nascc2013).
- On April 17, the first day of the conference, Kansas radio station 95.5 FM The Rock will be airing an interview with AISC’s Scott Melnick about The Steel Conference on its new weekly show, “On the Mark with Mark Hamade,” hosted by Mark Hamade. The show will air at 5:30 p.m. (CST) and will also be streamed online through the radio station’s website, www.salina-radio.com. If you’re unable to catch it live, the recording will be available online as a podcast at http://thetip.podomatic.com/.
- Can’t make it to St. Louis for the conference? You can still participate and receive PDH credit by watching selected sessions online in real time. AISC has devoted two rooms for NASCC LIVE! and 22 sessions will be offered during the conference. Watch one or watch 11, it’s up to you. Registration for AISC members is $225 ($350 for non-members) for the first person from your firm and each additional registrant is only $10 (and since each participant can log in at their own computer, multiple people at the same firm can attend different sessions). To view the list of conference sessions that will be streaming live and to register, visit www.aisc.org/nascclive.
- If you will be in St. Louis for the conference, we’re looking forward to seeing you there! Stop by and say hello to MSC staff (booth #1545) and AISC staff (booth #1045) in the exhibit hall. The editors and AISC will also be sharing information and photos from the show via Twitter @ModernSteel, and @aisc, respectively. We encourage you to tweet your conference experiences and chat about the show using the hashtag #NASCC. Also look out for conference photos and videos on AISC’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/AISCdotORG.
See you in St. Louis!
We’ll be back here with a new news post on Monday, April 22.