Steel in the News
Back to all posts
Posted by Tasha Weiss on April 8, 2013 at 12:02 PM.
On April 17, 10 top industry professionals will be recognized by AISC for their exceptional contributions to the advancement of the structural steel design and construction industry. Whether it’s for an innovative design, an insightful technical paper or a lifetime of outstanding service, these individuals are honored for making a difference in the fabricated structural steel industry’s success and will be presented with distinguished AISC awards at the 2013 NASCC: The Steel Conference, April 17-19, at America’s Center Convention Complex in St. Louis.
AISC’s Lifetime Achievement Award gives special recognition to individuals who have provided outstanding service over a sustained period of years to AISC and the structural steel design/construction/academic community. This year’s award recipients are:
- Michael F. Engestrom, technical marketing director, Nucor-Yamato Steel
- Dann H. Hall, principal, Bridge Software Development International, Ltd.
- Michael A. West, P.E., AIA, principal, Computerized Structural Design
- Stephen A. Mahin, Ph.D., professor, University of California, Berkeley
- Wallace W. Sanders, Jr., Ph.D., professor emeritus, Iowa State University
AISC’s Special Achievement Award recognizes individuals who have demonstrated notable achievements in structural steel design, construction, research or education. It honors those who have made a positive and substantial impact on the structural steel design and construction industry. This year’s award recipients are:
- Mark V. Holland, P.E., chief engineer, Paxton & Vierling Steel Co.
- Steven C. Ball, S.E., vice president, John A. Martin & Associates, Inc.
- Rafael Sabelli, S.E., principal and director of seismic design, Walter P Moore
- Judy Liu, Ph.D., associate professor, Purdue University
- William J. Wright, Ph.D., P.E., associate professor, Virginia Tech
Photos of this year’s award winners and additional information about their achievements can be found in AISC’s press release. For more information about The Steel Conference, visit www.aisc.org/nascc.