Steel in the News
Back to all posts
Posted by Tasha Weiss on January 10, 2013 at 6:09 PM.
There’s still time to register for “Night School,” AISC’s new evening curriculum of online courses on relevant structural steel design and construction topics. The first course begins on Monday, January 14, so don’t delay! Register now at www.aisc.org/nightschool.
The first course focuses on “Fundamentals of Connection Design” and will be presented by Thomas M. Murray, P.E., Ph.D., emeritus professor at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Va. Murray is a renowned specialist in structural steel research and design. He received AISC’s prestigious Geerhard Haaijer Award for Excellence in Education in 2010 and an AISC Lifetime Achievement Award in 2007.
The first course consists of eight 1.5-hour webinar sessions, all beginning at 7 p.m. (EST):
- Session 1: January 14 – Fundamental Concepts, Part I
- Session 2: January 28 – Fundamental Concepts, Part II
- Session 3: February 4 – Shear Connections, Part I
- Session 4: February 11 – Shear Connections, Part II
- Session 5: February 25 – Moment Connections, Part I
- Session 6: March 4 – Moment Connections, Part II
- Session 7: March 11 – Moment Connections, Part III
- Session 8: March 18 – Bracing Connections
Attendees can register for the course in two ways: register for the entire eight-session package and view the webinars live or recorded, one attendee per connection, earning up to 12 PDHs (1.5 PDHs per session attended) and 1 “EEU” certificate upon passing a series of eight quizzes and a final exam; or, sign up for individual webinars to view live only, with an unlimited number of attendees per connection, and earn 1.5 PDHs per webinar.
For detailed information about the program and to register, go to www.aisc.org/nightschool.