Steel in the News
Back to all posts
Posted by Tasha Weiss on July 3, 2012 at 9:32 AM.
The Third Quarter 2012 issue of Engineering Journal is now available in digital edition format. View the current issue by clicking here.
Papers in Engineering Journal Q3 include:
- “Prying Action for Slip-Critical Connections with Bolt Tension and Shear Interaction,” by William A. Thornton and Larry S. Muir
- “Satisfying Inelastic Rotation Requirements for In-Plane Critical Axis Brace Buckling for High Seismic Design,” by William A. Thornton and Patrick J. Fortney
- “AASHTO LRFD Provisions for the Seismic Design of Steel Plate Girder Bridges,” by Ahmad M. Itani, Eric V. Monzon and Michael A. Grubb
- “Technical Note: Effective Length Factors for Gusset Plates in Chevron Braced Frames,” by Bo Dowswell
- “Current Steel Structures Research No. 31,” by Reidar Bjorhovde
Each quarterly current issue of EJ is available in digital format and free to the public until the next issue is published.
The complete collection of Engineering Journal articles is searchable at www.aisc.org/ej. Current and past articles can be downloaded as PDFs and are free to AISC members and ePubs subscribers; just make sure you are logged into the AISC website (www.aisc.org) before searching. Non-members will be directed to the AISC Bookstore at www.aisc.org/store to purchase articles.