Steel in the News
Back to all posts
Posted by Tasha Weiss on August 16, 2011 at 9:35 AM.
Since 1928, the National Steel Bridge Alliance has honored significant and innovative steel bridges constructed in the U.S. with its Prize Bridge Competition. Next year, the winners will be announced at NSBA’s World Steel Bridge Symposium co-located with NASCC: The Steel Conference, April 18-21, 2012 in Dallas.
Awards will be presented in a variety of categories including:
- Major span - One or more spans greater than or equal to 400 ft.
- Long span - Longest span equal to or greater than 250 ft. but less than 400 ft.
- Medium span - Longest span equal to or greater than 125 ft. but less than 250 ft.
- Short span - No single span greater than 125 ft.
- Movable span
- Major span
- Reconstructed - Having undergone major reconstruction, rehabilitation, or widening
- Special purpose - Bridge not identifiable in one of the above categories including pedestrian, pipeline, and airplane
- Accelerated bridge construction (new category)
- Sustainability (new category)
To submit a bridge project for consideration, download the 2012 Prize Bridge entry form from NSBA’s website, here. All submissions must be received by November 30, 2011.
For more information about the competition and to view past winners, visit NSBA’s website at http://bit.ly/o5PxaE.