Steel in the News
Back to all posts
Posted by Tasha Weiss on May 3, 2011 at 11:09 AM.
Are your bags packed? There’s just one week until the opening of NASCC: The Steel Conference in Pittsburgh. Here are some late breaking additions to the conference that you won’t want to miss as you plan your trip to the Steel City:
* VRTEX 360 by Lincoln Electric (at Booth #705): Have you ever wanted to try your hand at welding? Here’s your chance! Receive a virtual welding experience in the exhibit hall with the VRTEX 360, a virtual reality arc welding training tool where you slip on a modified welding helmet, pick up a welder, and it’s the closest thing to being in the field. The combination of a realistic puddle simulation and arc welding sound—all tied to the welder’s movement—provides a realistic simulation of a hands-on experience (To get a feel for the experience, visit www.youtube.com and search for VRTEX 360). You’ll even “see” sparks, slag, grinding and weld cooling!
* Exhibitor Registration deadline extended: For NASCC exhibitors, you still have time to register your booth personnel if you haven’t done so already. The deadline has been extended to 5 p.m. Central Time on Thursday, May 5. If you have any questions please contact Britta Bolm at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.670.5448.
* Special Session on Recent New Zealand and Japan Earthquakes: This presentation begins at 8 a.m. Eastern Time on May 12 and features a report on the structural issues after the New Zealand and Japan Earthquakes. Those who aren’t able to attend the conference can watch the presentation via streaming video at www.aisc.org/nascclive. For more information visit our previous Steel in the News post here or go to AISC’s press release here.
* Celebrating 50 years of MSC: Join in on the magazine’s golden birthday celebration by stopping by the AISC booth (Booth #1243) and taking a visual tour through MSC history. We are looking forward to seeing you there!
* NASCC Mobile App: Did you catch all of these NASCC updates? To conveniently carry them on your mobile phone as well as create your own personal NASCC schedule, scout exhibitors you’d like to visit, locate meeting rooms, network and more, download the new NASCC Mobile App by pointing your mobile browser to this URL: http://j.mp/2011nascc. Or, scan the QR code (right) to take you directly to the app. See you in Pittsburgh!